Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Promised Kiss



I saw her from a distance
Her hair was white as snow
A daughter walked behind her
There was love there, I know.

It was rude of me to stare
But I missed my mother dear
This elderly woman touched me
Her voice I wanted to hear.

She walked by ever so slowly
To her daughter I would glance
Your mother is so, so precious
Could I hug her by chance?

She was tiny, delicate, but regal
She wondered what was amiss
But when I hugged her to me
She surprised me with a kiss.

I told her of my mother
I am sure I was a sight
Rambling words so revealing, but
Those mother's eyes held me tight.

She told me not to worry
Someday we'll share the bliss
And when I see you in Heaven
I'll give you another kiss.

There I stood in wonder
Was she an angel from above?
She might see my mother first
And share my words of love.

Oh my heart was warmed tonight
For a mother that I miss
But we will meet again someday
When I claim the promised kiss.


No comments:

Post a Comment