Friday, August 2, 2013

Jesus Is the Message




Have you ever noticed how easy it is to talk to a stranger about the weather, about football or our children or where we are from, and yet when it comes to telling them the simple truth, our stomach ties up in knots and our tongue gets stuck to the roof of our mouth? Why is that?

God hasn’t called us to be weathermen and sportscasters; He has called us and empowered us to be light shining in the darkness. Somewhere in the course of our conversation we need to seize upon the opportunity to Preach Jesus!

I’m going to Preach Jesus!

To the lost, I’ll preach Jesus as the Way!
To the lonely, I’ll preach Jesus as the Friend that sticks closer than a brother.
To the child, I’ll preach Jesus as Father to the fatherless.
To the sick, I’ll preach Jesus as Great Physician.
To those addicted to drugs or drink, I’ll preach Jesus as the Deliverer.
To the brokenhearted, I’ll preach Jesus as the One who came to bind up the brokenhearted
To the man on the deathbed, I’ll preach Jesus as the Resurrection and the Life.
To the sinner, I’ll preach Jesus as the Savior.
To the church, I’ll preach Jesus as Lord and Master.

No matter where I am, or who I’m talking to, I can preach Jesus in a way that will fill a void and make a broken man whole.

Jesus is the message!

2 comments:

  1. glad someone else notices that yes Jesus Christ is the all sufficient one, God is, God will, God has and God will continue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma, I am sorry to post this here but I dont know what else to do.
    I went looking in facebook for your posts because I enjoy reading you so much and found that I was blocked. I am not sure what I could have done to offend you but I am so so sorry. Just a short time ago you said I was one of your oldest friends. I am so confused. I ask you one thing, please let me know what it is that I did wrong. If you dont see fit to unblock me know that you will ever been in prayers.

    ReplyDelete