Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Is The Grass Really Greener On The Other Side?

Why is it that we try so hard to belong in places we were never meant to be? Usually, it's because we want so badly to be there. But what we've failed to realize at one time or another is that it's not being where WE want that brings the fulfillment and satisfaction we seek; it's being where God wants us to be.

You see, God has designed and equipped us to fulfill a particular role in this world. If we spend all our time trying to be somewhere else or do something else, not only will we probably experience dissatisfaction in the place we weren't meant to be, but we'll also miss out on the rich blessings God has planned to give us in the place He planned for us to be.

God hates it when we pass up on the real life and settle for false promises of this world.

Oh sure, the other side of the fence might look greener, but it's an optical illusion. It's not really a field full of green grass; it's a field planted with grass that Satan has painted to look green so he can deceive us into moving to his side of the fence.

I think that sometimes things are the hardest when we are headed in the direction God wants for us.

The grass is not greener on the other side, it's greener where we water and fertilize it.

I'm certain that the best I can think of for myself pales in comparison to the best God has in mind for me.

"As the heaven are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:9

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great, inspiring message....You see, I've asking God to give me grace not to fail HIM in the assignment HE has for me. I know God's way's are higher than my ways...I'm already thinking of setting up a recording studio to commence producing worship albums..... I must work the works of HIM who's sent me while it's day...keep it up sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does somebody send you an email or letter?

    blackpackwalker@live.com

    ReplyDelete